Web Designer/Developer & Virtual Assistant
2006 – Present
Freelance, Boulder Creek, CA
Providing: web design, blog design, graphic design, photo editing, social media marketing services, and tech support.
- WordPress CMS Websites & Blogs
- eBook Formatting
- Business Catalyst site design and management
- Typepad Blogs
- Facebook Business Page Administration
- Twitter Page Design
- YouTube Channel Design & Management
- Social Media Marketing Strategy Development
1998 – 2010
Community Frontiers, Boulder Creek, CA
A Networked Consultancy specializing in strategic planning, community building, cultural change management, and executive coaching. Community Frontiers focused on the non-profit sector, particularly professional associations.
- Implemented and supported member community building programs for medium to large professional associations. Including online community platforms. Resulting in increased member engagement.
- Designed and taught facilitation and virtual communication workshops to staff and volunteer leaders.
- Large ethnographic field study of FindLaw, a Thomson Reuters business, leading to improved internal and external customer communications and service.
- Large ethnographic field study of AARP headquarters and field offices, resulting in improved internal and external customer communications and service.
- ExperiencedWorld Café designer/facilitator (www.theworldcafe.com), effective in generating deep, energized conversations and harvesting the collective wisdom of the group around the questions that really matter to them. Also used to guide an organization in hosting a series of interconnected café dialogues with their key stakeholders. The purpose is to gather in-depth knowledge about those stakeholders and their often unspoken needs, aspirations, ideas, issues, questions, etc., and to evolve large-scale, whole systems transformation through the process.
The World Cafe Online Community, Telecommuter
Co-Host and Technical Administrator for the World Cafe Online Community. I was instrumental in choosing a technology platform, as well as, designing and co-facilitating this global community of World Cafe Practitioners. During my time with the World Café Online Community, it grew from a few hundred members to several thousand members. In 2008 I assisted in archiving and moving the online community content to a more robust social networking platform where it continues to evolve and thrive.
XHTML & CSS
- Animal Welfare and Nature Conservation
- Leveraging Social Networking Technologies
- Emerging Web 2.0 Technologies
- Online Community Building
- Digital Photography
- Visual Arts
Texas Wesleyan University – Ft. Worth, TX
Studied Mass Communications
University of North Texas – Denton, TX
Double major: Mass Communications and Visual Arts
University of Houston – Houston, TX
Studied Anthropology with a minor in Archaeology